Monday, November 24, 2008

Better Prepared

So I promised to post a few of the ideas swirling around in my head, so as promised, here's the next installment. We were busy in the month of October trying to be better prepared. A family vacation took us to the California coast where we stocked up with 60 lbs of yummy, delicious fresh picked apples from Gopher Glen Apple Farm in See Canyon. Thankyou, Robertsons for sharing that little gem. And if you are wondering what a small family of four does with 60 lbs of apples, here's a look.

We dry them..

We slice and core them to cook down to applesauce and apple butter. And of course we eat them! And by we, I mean mostly Ryan and Lovebug, seriously, I think I got four apples, you gotta be quick around those two, they love apples!!!!

2 comments:

The A.Wahls said...

Yea for more posts from Amber! This looks like fun...and honestly, I've never tried Apple Butter. What do you do with it?

Amber said...

Delicious spread on toast. You cook until really smooth and add cinnamon and cloves or any other spices along those lines. I don't care much for cloves, but my dad likes them, so that's how we make it. Good alternative to jelly in the winter.