Saturday, June 28, 2008

Beauty and the Beast

So this morning I hunted for more green caterpillars,
I found a few and took some pics of the beasts.
Miniscule
Tiny
Small

But then I decided I needed pics of the beautiful things in my garden.  I love looking at my garden and seeing the plants have grown and are thriving. There is a great satisfaction in growing your own food.  The girls love to see the progress too, they get SO excited when a tomato starts to turn red. They picked cherry tomatoes this morning and I showed Aeryn a green bean that was ready to be picked, she plucked it and promptly took a bite. 

Carrot Stems
Bush Bean Blossoms
Beef Steak Tomatoes
Green Bell Peppers


That's why I love organic gardening. Nothing tastes better than homegrown, and from stem to mouth, it doesn't get much fresher than that!!!! LOVE IT!

1 comment:

The A.Wahls said...

I'm impressed with your garden. We harvested our meager crop of green beans just before we left and we hope the cucumbers we left will survive the summer heat without our TLC. Adam says they are getting "huge"! Hey, I must have caterpillars too! Something has been eating my petunias. I have pots full of purple flowers with holes in them; some entire blossoms have been eaten!