Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm 5!!!!

My sweet girl turned 5 today and greeted me this morning with, "Mommy I'm 5 today!" This turning 5 seems to be a huge milestone in her mind.  When I think about it, it really is a huge milestone. When I think about the amount of time she has been with our family, those 5 years have flown by.  In the context of a lifetime, how short is the amount of time we have to "raise" our kids. Estimating they will live with us for 20 or so years, I realized that at this 5 year milestone, 1/4 of that precious window has already passed.  This baby gave me the title of Mommy and for that I will always have a deep connection and gratitude to her.  I love my Kennedy! She has taught me so much in 5 short years. She is beautiful, smart, compassionate, thoughtful, pensive, strong, independent, creative, helpful, reverent, and faithful!  She has brought great joy and growth to our family. I love you my sweet Sugarplum! Happy Birthday!
(Smooch: Chocolate, Blueberry, Raspberry, Marshmallow Cake!!!!!)

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Great post honey--our family rocks!

Janelle Ehat said...

What a sweet girl!! Happy birthday Kennedy! I can't believe how big she is and how BEAUTIFUL! So much fun!

Angie Cleveland said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy: Mckenzie wanted to come to your birthday party, but we ended up at the Dr.'s office instead because she got a little sick. Hope you had a great day!

The A.Wahls said...

She is so sweet! We love Kennedy too! I love baby pictures. Her face is so recognizable looking back, but you can never guess what it will be looking forward. Does that make sense? Any way...she's adorable then and now!

Olsens said...

Amber, you have officially been tagged-check out my page to get the details, and have fun!