So I've been thinking lately about my purpose for blogging and realized I didn't have a specific purpose. Maybe that was the reason I just wasn't "feeling it" and didn't write anything new. Some people blog to share ideas about a particular subject, some blog to keep family and friends updated on life happenings, some blog I think just for the sake of blogging. Hmm, not sure I want to be in that last category. I've decided I need a purpose to my blogging to keep doing it. I'm trying to simplify, and use my time wisely, because lets face it, I can't fit it all in. Sooooo, if you read my blog, why, what keeps you coming back, what do you come here for? Life update, montessori ideas, craft ideas, my witty writing (ha! J/K), boredom, are you really interested in seeing the stuff I just make up, what? And lastly tell me why you blog? This could get interesting.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
BloGGinG wiTh a PurPosE
So I've been thinking lately about my purpose for blogging and realized I didn't have a specific purpose. Maybe that was the reason I just wasn't "feeling it" and didn't write anything new. Some people blog to share ideas about a particular subject, some blog to keep family and friends updated on life happenings, some blog I think just for the sake of blogging. Hmm, not sure I want to be in that last category. I've decided I need a purpose to my blogging to keep doing it. I'm trying to simplify, and use my time wisely, because lets face it, I can't fit it all in. Sooooo, if you read my blog, why, what keeps you coming back, what do you come here for? Life update, montessori ideas, craft ideas, my witty writing (ha! J/K), boredom, are you really interested in seeing the stuff I just make up, what? And lastly tell me why you blog? This could get interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Well, I don't know if you knew I read your blog, but I do! I read for updates & that's why I blog. We still live far away from family & I blog to keep family updated. But I wouldn't mind some fun craft ideas. I'm always looking for things to do...
i too check out your blog to see what's going on in your life! i keep up my blog to let everyone know what's going on in our life! i also like to check out informative blogs, ones that have cute ideas of things to make or to do with the kids. since i babysit 6 kids 9on top of mine) i'm always up for some good, learning activities to o with the kids, so montessori ideas would always be interesting to me!
I blog-stalk you because I miss you! I love when you post pictures of the kids! I love to see how they are growing up and read little tidbits about what you do with them and Ryan and just get a glimpse into your days, like you would fill me in on the funny things they did or said if I lived there and we went walking together or something. That's what I want! And as for me, I think part of it is for family and friends back home to see what we're up to and how the kids are growing and part of it is for me to have a record of what we did and how stinking cute the kids were and whatnot. Every once in awhile I'll write down what I'm learning or ah-ha moments because I do go back and read my blog and it's nice to see. For me it's just a nice catch all for, ideas that I want to share, funny things that I want to remember or tell my family about, that kind of stuff.
Why I blog stalk you...First, I love the pictures! Second, sometimes you write things that you don't share in daily conversation. Third, the ideas that you have! I am just in awwwh of you. If I could live with you and never leave, I would! OK maybe that is too much information.
Why I blog, I find it a easier way to Journal. I am horrible at journaling. Like Janelle, it is a fun way to go back and see what happened in my life that I need to remember to know it was a good day! Society gives us so many TERRIBLE things that I live for the learning and love that happens on the blogs. PLEASE keep blogging!
Love to read your blog since I never get to see or talk to you!! It's great to be able to see how everyone is doing. I think that's why I love to read anyone's blog. I miss everyone and this is a great way to check in when we are just so busy.
I read your blog because I like you! :-) I like to know what is going on in your life and hear your thoughts. I love to see pictures and it is such an easy way to check in on friends. Sometimes the only quiet minute you get is late at night and not a good time to pick up the phone and call. And yes, I would also love to see/hear any of your craft ideas because you are so talented. That is part of you.
I started blogging after Jason's mom died. I realized that unless it is recorded somewhere, when a person dies, so do thier memories. I blog so my kids will have a history of thier life and mine. I blog so that if I randomly die, they will have way to know me. I just started putting my last year's blog into a book to be printed.
My goal is just once a week, but sometimes I do more. I wish I had started a long time ago because there are already so many things that I can't remember about my kids. Jessica used to say the funniest things and I wish I had written them down.
I thought I'd "drop in" on your blog today, kind of like dropping in on an old friend you don't expect to be home, and surprise, a post...a few actually...and now I'm behind! I like to see your blog because I love pictures, I love all your creative ideas, and I love another way to learn more about you. I like to blog because my family misses my kids so it is a central place I can post pictures and info that they can all see anytime. I also like to use it as a form of journaling. It's nice to have a place to express myself and even "vent" if I need to. (Those are times when perhaps a public blog is less appropriate.) Blogging has also become a really fun way for me to keep up with a lot of friends from my childhood, from Adam's mission, and friends we met during law school. We have friends all around the country whom I really wouldn't be able to keep in touch with aside from the once a year Christmas card. So, for me, blogging serves many productive purposes; the trick is of course, "balancing my time". :)
Oh, and this picture of you and your girls -fabulous! You all look so great!
Post a Comment